Hey, guess what? PeskyAngel
and I've decided to create a group here on DA for our crazy! And what better way to start it off than with a contest?! We couldn't think of one, so contest it is!
If you don't know already, you're apparently living under a rock, but PeskyAngel
and I are constant pranksters. Hence why rules such as "no Pop Rocks allowed in the house" and "Grim isn't allowed to have Jello" had to be made. Did you know that cocoa powder can be reconstituted into eye shadow? Or that a couple drops of food coloring in a shampoo bottle aren't noticeable at first, but once the suds are running down the drain, it's not so much fun? Oh, and adding super glue to the night stand slick is never a good idea; they just don't like each other.
If you plan to come live with us, you may want to take a basic chemistry refresher course for your own safety. And buy bubble wrap. LOTS of bubble wrap. But whatever you do, do NOT trust Grim when he says, "you'll love it! it'll be grand!" because he's probably drunk and one or both of you will end up in the ER. And Jesse should never be trusted with tongs, making tea or the liquor supply. You should probably also check her oil because it's always low. While you're in there, check the coolant, too. Actually, our vehicles are the only truly off limits item to our sabotagery. That's only because it would get too costly to repair/replace them. And that sorta kinda brings us back to the topic at hand.
When was the last time you pulled a prank on someone? Or more importantly, when was the last time your characters had a bit of fun? Because that's what this Contest is all about.
- Theme: Pranks and all that entails. Your story can be a true story of something you've done or had happened to you, or it can be fictional
- PROSE ONLY. Sorry, this contest is only open to prose entries. We're thinking about doing a poetry only one later, but not this time. It just doesn't work with our theme.
Boring Information That You Have to Read
- Word Count Minimum: 250
- Word Count Maximum: 1,000
- You must include a link to the group and/or this journal in the Author's Comments section of your deviation.
- Once your entry is submitted as a deviation, submit it to this gallery folder.
- The Gallery Folder is open and ready for business!
- You do not need to be a member of PopRocksNotAllowed to participate.
- A maximum of two entries per person.
- Entries must be created for this contest. No recycling old stuff!
- Prose Only. Poetry entries will not be accepted.
- Contest will close February 29th, 2016 because for the leap year!
The amount of entries we receive will determine the way the prizes are split. If under 15 entries, there will be a winner and a runner up. If over 15 entries, we'll do a first, second and third prize. If you'd like to donate a prize, please feel free to drop a comment or note the group.Current Prize List:
It wouldn't make sense to have non-pranksters judge this, so PeskyAngel
will be the judges. We're looking for:
- Creativity Even if you're writing from a life experience, we want to be pulled into the story and feel like we were there for this embarrassing and horrible event. If you're writing a fictional piece, we really want to see your imagination go wild on the prank itself. Saran wrap on the toilet seat isn't going to cut it. You need to break out the duct tape, an air horn, pet escape and some kinda Jello or pudding to make saran wrap on the toilet work.
- Grammar because yes, this is a literature contest and we expect you to be able to write legibly and with proper grammar and spelling. It's called proofreading people. You need to do that.
- Likable Characters You never know which one of your characters we'll be rooting for because more often than not, we side with villains over protagonists. But either way, we want to be able to love and snuggle your characters. We don't need a five page essay on their life, but again, this all about the planning and reaction of a prank. People are kinda important to that.
- Your Level of Insanity No this cannot be judged by a scale, it's just a feeling. The crazier the better, but not like Arkham Asylum crazy because then people tend to get hurt and the cops have to be called and it's this whole ordeal that we just don't have the time to deal with. We're looking for a happy in the middle crazy that's more fun than the looney farm. M'kay?